A YOUTH GROUP FOR ALL
GENERATION NEXT - EQUIPPING THE NEXT GENERATION
GeNext is a youth group run by the Chinese Welfare Association (CWA) for young people aged 11-18 years old and is made up of young people from the Chinese community, young people with mixed race parentage and young people from other ethnic minority communities as well as young people from the wider community.
GY After School Club
Providing help and support with your homework, coursework, and English.
Every Thursday 330-530pm at the Chinese Welfare Association (CWA).
Crosslinks Legacy Project
Exploring Community relations through drame, dance, singing and art. Culture Crosslinks is apartnership between the Chinese Welfare Association (CWA), East Belfast Christian Fellowship Church (CFC) and Youth Initiatives (YI), which is based in West Belfast.
Every Monday 7-9pm. Currently meeting in East Belfast, lifts provided.
A place where you can meet, socialize, gain new skills and experience and to have some FUN!!
Twice a month usually on a Saturday afternoon, dates and times vary, please contact Youth department for more information.
The main objectives of the project are to
- To encourage purposeful action to aid development of all its member to reach their full potential and to mature pro-actively, as full participative citizens of Northern Ireland.
- To utilize training opportunities to compliment educational qualifications and skills.
- To facilitate language support for young people whose first language is not English.
- Increase innovation and experimentation in meeting the needs of children and young people in the Chinese community and their parents.
- Conduct needs assessment of Chinese children and young people in Northern Ireland and their parents.
- To develop more links with mainstream provision and explore potential for partnership approaches within mainstream provision.
- To elicit the views of children, young people and parents about services provided
For more information please contact:
1 Stranmillis Embankment
Tel. 028 90 288 277